Перейти к публикации
GlavFish

Block Collider - мультичейн протокол с возможностью майнинга

Рекомендованные сообщения

Patrick предложил "положить" сеть Cosmos в течение часа после запуска, чтобы передать сообщение, что валидаторы - не то, на что можно опираться. Многие Евангелисты поддержали это предложение, если Patrick считает, что он действительно может это сделать. 🤦‍♂️

Скрытый текст

Patrick M, [12.03.19 14:35]
Interesting thought, slightly contentious but @craig_weisman brought up Cosmos is doing a live streem of the mainnet launch with a countdown. A little background: the Cosmos guys have been in our chat arguing for validators for a long time and after the drama with the Binance "dex" we can understand why that community considered the Collider community a competitor...we are not but framing. That being said validators are incredibly centralized makingthem vulernable to all the classic attacks of traditional servers.....so the idea....with very little effort we could also start a live stream ending one hour after the cosmos launch. This one counting down us turning off the Cosmos chain. Thoughts?

Поделиться сообщением

В чате евангелистов на вопросы пользователей об обновлениях и очередных пропущенных сроках SpecR раскрыл причину остановку публикации op-кодов - так как остальные из кодов относятся к той части работы, которая ещё не была открыта, а Patrick спросил у задающих сколько коммитов они сделали, и объяснил, что версия с открытым исходным кодом была выпущена специально для "трейдеров", чтобы показать что код их не интересует.

первоисточник:

Скрытый текст

Codonyat, [16.04.19 07:52]
I am concerned that even if BC delivers a stunning product, it will still fail. The truth is there's been a huge disconnection between the team and the community whose majority feels alienated from the project. This is a FACT. Obvious evidence is that barely anyone is developing, the advanced room is quiet, EmbNation is dead and almost nobody heard of BC outside of here. I have never heard of successful products in crypto without a supporting community. In fact, you have the opposite, no-products with large communities doing very well (e.g., Doge coin). To think that the problem is the community is naive at best and arrogant at worst.

Some members of this chat only voice their concerns in private, thinking that if BC delivers an oustanding miner, all problems will go away. My personal opinion is that it won't matter an ounce unless the team radically changes they way it interacts with the community and the public in general. In my limited experience, I haven't seen any project in the cryptospace do as badly as BC in communication, and still succeed. This is not the time of Bitcoin, where tech alone will suffice.

@schnorr You have two options imo. The first is to dismiss this criticism as usual by calling me ignorant, trader, etc. The second option is to try to understand why almost nobody is playing with the code you provided in the public github, and make a big change to the way this team works.

Rish, [16.04.19 08:03]
Hey @schnorr, @multichain.

Firstly, what is the progress towards the April 21st vote? What are the next key milestones for the collider?

What happened to the weekly updates? 
They only happened a few times and the OP codes which were supposed to be 30 but only around 24 were posted. 
This information disparity is really affecting the non-technical members of our community in a negative way. 

In a more advanced stage, I'm sure the multichain will be able to stand by itself, but right now, You and the rest of the BC team are inexplicably connected to the Outlook and the perception of the multichain. If your outlook and perception is not aligned with the vision of the project, the community will not be able to trust you enough to want to grow. We want to attract Devs to work on applications on the collider. I have a few companies I advise that are very excited to port their platforms on the decentralized multichain, but I haven't had the confidence to connect them with the team yet because I fear that the team already has too much on its plate. I ( we) all want this to perform as promised and I think you'd need help from the community to do this. With the current information disparity, the lack of engagement and the attitude towards doubters is changing the tide of the community for the worse. Block Collider needs this community, it needs to nurture this community so that every blockchain application goes through a truly decentralized multichain.

I humbly request you to make communication a priority. I know an hour spent on commutation is an hour spent away from coding, but I think the trade off of utility is fair as this community can lead to the success of the collider. The euphoric hope phase has passed, and so has the despaired lashing out phase. It's reached the don't think it's happening stage and that sort of mentality can really hurt the community at large. I know it must be extremely hard to simplify complex multichain coding issues and problems for a non- tech audience, but I'm sure if someone can do it, it's you. We need this community and you need to nurture it. The multichain may be perfect when it's done but what's the utility to humanity if it's not used?

I hope to discuss more with you after you respond to this, don't want to make an already large message larger.

SpecR_Exposed2u, [16.04.19 08:10]
[In reply to Rish]
Hey Rish,

The vote for the 21st will most likely not go ahead. But the team will comment more around it near that time. As there was not much community participation, it would not make sense to go forward with a vote for the confidence in the miner.

The weekly updates were during the time the team was working towards the AT period. This is the developer phase and their focus is on development. We will undoubtedly hear more in the near future. As pat mentioned an updated road map is coming up.

As for the op codes, unfortunately the team felt it was better not to yet reveal the rest as it pertains to other developments they are working on in the back ground. We will know them soon I'm sure.

Patrick M, [16.04.19 11:13]
We expected this—the conduct of the “traders” has been the most vile part of this experience. From spreading fud to blaming me and the team directly. This is our job and the 20hrs a day we put into this was grossly disregarded and disrespected to the point where “codonyRAT” is a common joke at the office. We purposefully launched the open source version and then continued work on our internal version so we could show how empty the claims of the “traders” were that they had the best interests of the community at heart. How many commits @Codonyat? How many commits @DDxxYY? 0 which is as much EMB I hope you both have 1 minute after we list. You dont deserve these and should continue to scamper around the uneducated CFI token crowd we dropped less than a week after joining. Now, lets talk about the 21st. We are going to push our own update which we built ourselves and release a series of comparisons for what changed and of course unless you can give me a reason not...BAN @Codonyat @DDxxYY. On a positive note we are having a great time building the core in peace. 🙂

Поделиться сообщением

Patrick опубликовал на форуме EMB Nation небольшое обновление по проекту, которое выглядит достаточно провокационно: https://www.embnation.com/t/vote-developer-period-summary-next-steps-vote/507

Скрытый текст

This update cover three separate topics:

• Developer Testing Period Summary
  • Next Steps
  • Vote

Developer Testing Period Summary

Just over 5 weeks ago Block Collider released the Developers-Only update 0.8.5. It included the scripting language Timble (previously Beam), support for cross chain transactions including callbacks, and full coverage of Blake2.

Most importantly the update represented the end of all research and development required to launch Block Collider. Everything required to operate had been completed and what was left was simply a function of developer testing, and any required fixes discovered therein.

The testing period over the last 5 weeks had two fold goals.

1. Full tests of the platform conducted by the community.

2. Core Block Collider team adds necessary updates or fixes.

Testing the platform is difficult and executing Timble transactions is a complicated process. The difficulty echoes the current hiring challenge Block Collider has encountered searching for distributed systems engineers with experience in cryptography. While it adds to the appreciation of the 7 expert engineers developing Block Collider, the result was that the engineers felt they could not meaningfully add to technology or conduct tests. This can be seen in other projects with less than 21 core engineers like Bitcoin Core (or 17 core engineers for Ethereum).

Furthermore, the environment was soured when a small group of traders saw this as an opportunity to attempt to manipulate the project into a liquidity event (listing) of EMB when the proper testing had not been completed. Daily they attacked the core members of the project, spread rumors, and harassed known contributors of the project. Why? For short term profit. With more than 70% of the EMB supply locked up and as one of only projects to have held its value over 2018, Block Collider is a rare store of fundamental value and a much needed success story for the exchanges who have approached the project. In addition to these qualities, the limited supply of EMB makes them attractive to speculative owners who neither understand the technology nor are interested in it’s long term success. The key to their control is to get the project to enable EMB liquidity before the functional technology is available to rely on for the average consumer. If this happens, the short-sighted can control everyone’s portfolios through fear and rumors. Projects like Cardano, RavenCoin, and VertCoin are the result of these attacks…if successful. We will not let this happen and, alongside the help of a supportive community, will continue to rebuff their attempts.

However, the fear mongering and the limited availability of the necessary skillset stalled community participation and contribution. While the core team added 15,358 lines of code, the community could not conduct formal testing of Timble or the transactions: many spending their hours responding to short-term traders.

Fortunately the tide has finally turned; people are now asking questions again and we are seeing activity on the miner. This coupled with the stabilization of the market in general means that Block Collider is perfectly timed for both releasing the fundamental project, a liquidity event for EMB, and attracting new talent to the protocol.

Every day we approach the completion of the core technology, the power of the short term traders decreases and the long term fundamental value increases for the individuals and teams who understand the impact of a long term vision.

Next Steps

• Referral Program: We are actively seeking new candidates and will pay a finders fee of 15% of the annual salary for any successful candidate who is hired and remains employed for 3 months at Block Collider. The project is seeking RUST/Node.js engineers with experience in distributed systems and cryptography. As a hiring requirement all new engineers must successfully break another blockchain project and then send us and them (the core team) how they conducted the break and what is the solution.
  • Testing: Block Collider will move the community testing of the developer period to become entirely the responsibility of the core team. With thousands of combinations and depending on the success of the hiring initiative we expect full coverage to take 1-2 months. Developers who would like a series of pairs to test can reach out to @craig_weisman for their series. We are excited to take on this role and while it will take more time for the core team we are honored and eager to complete the core protocol!
  • Roadmap: Block Collider will release the updated V2 roadmap on April 28th which includes the Overline launch window, hiring updates, and dates helpful to decentralized exchanges looking to migrate their technology.

Communication

In entrepreneurship communication is another word for education. Feedback from the community has been consistent we need to work on more education resources. Unfortunately this is linked to the hiring problem but it can also be solved by optimizing our current education environment. EMB Nation (www.embnation.com) has been a very successful tool to learn, engage, and discuss. Over the next 3 months we are going to migrate the Telegram chat groups to EMB Nation which will prevent unnecessary comments and reeducation while encouraging deeper topical conversations.

Vote

In order to further optimize communications please select which medium is the best, we are speaking with candidates now to handle weekly posts and will treat their management of this as their first task.

Это обновление охватывает три отдельные темы:

• обзор периода тестирования разработки;
  • следующие шаги;
  • голосование.

Обзор периода тестирования разработки

Чуть более 5 недель назад Block Collider выпустил обновление 0.8.5 только для разработчиков. Обновление включает в себя язык сценариев Timble (ранее Beam), поддержку транзакций между цепями, включая обратные вызовы, и полный охват Blake2.

Самое главное, что обновление стало финальной точкой всех исследований и разработок, необходимых для запуска Block Collider. Все, что требовалось для работы, было выполнено, и оставалось, только тестирования для разработчика,.

Период тестирования за последние 5 недель преследовал две цели:

1. Полные тесты платформы проводятся сообществом.
  2. Команда Core Block Collider добавляет необходимые обновления или исправления.

Тестирование платформы - непростая задача, также как и выполнение транзакций Timble. Эта сложность повторяет проблему с наймом сотрудников, с которой столкнулся Block Collider при поиске инженеров по распределенным системам с опытом работы в области криптографии. Хотя это добавляет веса 7 опытным инженерам, разрабатывающим Block Collider, в результате был сделан вывод, что новые инженеры не смогут существенно помочь в технологическом плане или качественно проводить испытания. Схожую картину можно увидеть в других проектах: в Bitcoin Core менее 21 основных инженеров, а в Ethereum - 17.

Кроме того, атмосфера была испорчена, когда небольшая группа трейдеров решила попытаться манипулировать проектом в виде события ликвидности (листинга) EMB, когда надлежащее тестирование не было завершено. Ежедневно они нападали на основных участников проекта, распространяли слухи и преследовали известных участников проекта. Зачем? Для краткосрочной прибыли. Поскольку более 70% поставок EMB заблокированы, и так как Block Collider - единственный проект, который сохранил свою стоимость в течение 2018 года, то он является редкой возможность сохранить фундаментальную ценность, то BC является такой необходимой историей успеха для бирж, которые подходят проекту. В дополнение к этим качествам, ограниченное предложение EMB делает их привлекательными для спекулятивных владельцев, которые не понимают технологию и не заинтересованы в ее долгосрочном успехе. Главным для них является  необходимость заставить проект обеспечить ликвидность EMB до того, как технология станет доступной для среднестатистического потребителя. Если им удастся это сделать, то данная группа сможет управлять ценой через страх и слухи. Такие проекты, как Cardano, RavenCoin и VertCoin, являются результатом такого рода атак. Мы не допустим, чтобы это произошло, и, наряду с поддержкой сообщества поддержки, мы будем продолжать отражать их атаки.

Однако распространение страха и ограниченная доступность необходимого набора навыков остановили участие и вклад сообщества. В то время как основная команда добавила 15 358 строк кода, сообщество не смогло провести формальное тестирование Timble или транзакций: многие тратят свои часы, реагируя на краткосрочных трейдеров.

К счастью, ветер изменился и люди снова задают вопросы, и мы наблюдаем активность на майнинге. Это, в сочетании со стабилизацией рынка, в целом означает, что для Block Collider настало время выпуска фундаментального проекта, события ликвидности для EMB, и привлечения новых талантов в протокол.

Каждый день, когда мы приближаемся к завершению основной технологии, сила краткосрочных трейдеров уменьшается, а долгосрочная фундаментальная ценность увеличивается для отдельных лиц и команд, которые понимают влияние долгосрочного видения.

Следующие шаги

• Реферальная программа: мы активно ищем новых кандидатов и выплачиваем вознаграждение в размере 15% от годовой заработной платы за любого успешного кандидата, который принят на работу и остается работать в течение 3 месяцев в Block Collider. Проект ищет инженеров RUST / Node.js с опытом работы в распределенных системах и криптографии. Одно из условий найма: все новые инженеры должны успешно взломать другой блокчейн-проект, а затем отправить нам и им (основной команде), как они провели взлом и каково решение этой проблемы;
  • Тестирование: Block Collider отдаст тестирование коммьюнити в период разработки полностью основной команде. С тысячами комбинаций и в зависимости от успеха инициативы найма мы ожидаем, что процесс займет 1-2 месяца. Разработчики, желающие протестировать пару серий, могут обратиться за ними к @craig_weisman. Мы рады взять на себя эту роль, и хотя основной команде потребуется больше времени, мы гордимся тем, что готовы завершить основной протокол!
  • Дорожная карта: Block Collider выпустит обновленную дорожную карту V2 28 апреля, которая будет включать в себя дату запуска Overline, обновления найма и даты, полезные для децентрализованных бирж, желающих перенести свою технологию.

Обратная связь

В предпринимательстве общение - синоним слова образование. Обратная связь от сообщества была последовательной, нам нужно больше работать над образовательными ресурсами. К сожалению, это связано с проблемой найма, но ее также можно решить путем оптимизации нашей нынешней образовательной среды. EMB Nation ( www.embnation.com ) был очень успешным инструментом для обучения, взаимодействия и обсуждения. В течение следующих 3 месяцев мы собираемся перевести чат-группы Telegram в EMB Nation, что позволит избежать ненужных комментариев, а также стимулирует более глубокие актуальные разговоры.

Поделиться сообщением

1 час назад, vince0x сказал:

чёт не понял как там спекулянты были замешаны, когда emb ещё не трейдится даже.

Спекулянты, по мнению команды, постоянно напирают на листинг токенов, и не хотят разбираться в технологии.

Поделиться сообщением

Blockcollider нарисовал дорожную карту: https://roadmap.blockcollider.org/

Не обнаружил в нём ничего сильно интересного, кроме того, что Olympia пройдёт в Европе в оффлайне, подключение аппаратных кошельков в Q1 2020.

Q3_19.thumb.png.441dcc57cdce7e7023fb5eae68d33b0d.png

Q4_19.thumb.png.15da7cc84052574fddf39972309bbc86.png

Q1_20.thumb.png.082e8a6e8d6c16389d2dd18b4fd71186.png

Поделиться сообщением

Интересно что такое Overline. В публичном чате на вопрос о том, что это такое был ответ

Цитата

...and the team hasn't announced it yet. So there isn't anywhere to learn more about it right now

Поделиться сообщением

CEO Blockcolider Patrick M в чате евангелистов прокомментировал сообщение CZ о взломе Binance и его открытость в этом вопросе (en):

I like it. CZ thinks deeply on things but I don’t see strong community support for that. We tried open communication but much like Bitcoin core that came with lots of negativity that distracted the team. 🙂 looking forward to pulling the cover off what we have been building!
Excited, testing is 80% complete and we have a few new things to share. 🙂

Цитата

Мне нравится. CZ глубоко задумывается о вещах, но я не вижу отдачи от сообщества для такого рода действий. Мы пробовали открытое общение, но это очень похоже на то, что происходило с биткоином, когда общение только отвлекало команду и сопровождалось негативом. С нетерпением жду момента, когда мы можем показать то, что мы строим!

В восторге от процесса, тестирование завершено на 80%, и нам есть чем поделиться. 🙂

Поделиться сообщением

53 минуты назад, vince0x сказал:

есть у кого какие новости?) или bc ушли в подполье:classic_blush:

Ушли в большой железный бак, закопанный под землю. Но говорят, что 80% чего-то, что потом хотят показать, уже готово.

Поделиться сообщением

Все находятся в ожидании новостей, а создатель и кор-разработчик Patrick McConlogue прервал своё месячное молчание в чате евангелистов и вернулся к троллингу троллей и спекулянтов.

Поделиться сообщением

Выпустили обновление по разработке: https://blog.blockcollider.org/developer-period-update-ii-df09cc8356f0

Краткое содержание: DEX готов на 95%, но нужен ещё месяц для запуска. Язык сценариев Timble, мультиподписи и другие необходимые исследования и разработки завершены. Готовят запуск чего-то для глобальных рынков, о чём будет объявлено 1 июля. Трейдеры и тролли будут удаляться из чатов Telegram.

Поделиться сообщением

Интересные вопросы на АМА:

“We have connected with every prominent decentralized exchange in the space.” (имеется в виду цитата отсюда) Any names? If names are not to be disclosed yet, how many of the top 10 ( based on trade volume) exchanges are connected with Borderless? What does ‘connected’ means? Does it mean they WILL integrate Borderless soulution ? Does it mean you asked their feedback ?

I am not a fan of using the word ‘partnership’ as its been an empty claim in the space. By connected I mean they or we have integrated services from either party into our core partnership. A probable example is the ability to execute trades through Block Collider from their user interface.

Given the release of various ‘cross chain’ projects and so called DEX’s, you must be excited about what Block Collider will bring to the blockchain space.
How do you plan on marketing to and educating the general blockchain community.

This is a great question! We hinted at a proposal in our last update on June 28th with the “Killer App”. The reactions to it have been phenomenal and the ease of use is on par with user expectations. We are super excited to release this to the world. Beyond the killer app though, there is definitely going to be a lot of work required in educating the world about the necessity for something like Block Collider and Borderless. This is going to include partnering with the right players, creating educational content, developer friendly SDKs, and evangelists like yourself. However world events may make it easier than expected to deliver our message (i.e - Internet Shutdowns, Money Transfer Restrictions).

Изменено пользователем cryptoseal

Поделиться сообщением

Will Borderless Services generate revenue ? How ? Any revenue generated so far ?

Yes it will. There are limited specific details that we can provide at this stage, however for existing examples that follow a similar structure take a look at Grayscale, BitWise, and BitcoinIRA. This will give you an idea of what to expect.

How many team members are there in total right now?

There are currently 9 full time team members, plus our fantastic community of open-source contributors

When can we expect an overline announcement and website ?

Soon!  Everything will be revealed in time, but continue to follow along here on EMB Nation and on our roadmap for the most up to date timing on announcements for Overline.       

What technical problems has the team encountered that delayed the release of a the miner?     

Finding talent and trustworthy contributors.

Up until now, what has been the largest mistake made by the team?

waetnig. In all seriousness we should have stopped the ICO once ICO Drops heard of us. All that noise was hard to filter but I am sure a lot of the community can remember how the focus was all on the tech. We knew the price economics would come into the discussion but had hoped that would be well after the Borderless launch and into Overline.

what’s Overall implication of the Borderless service on the average emblem holder ? and are Emblems considered securities. ?

Emblems themselves are not securities.

Could Block Collider also function as a lightning network for some of the slower underlying chains (btc, eth, etc.)?

Very apt observation. There is an interesting opportunity where Block Collider can not only confirm blockchains faster than their respective native clients, but can also facilitate transfers through mediums such as NRG.

Поделиться сообщением

Block Collider выпустил апдейт по разработке, в котором делится двумя основными вещами:

1. Все 5 роверов работают на скриптовом языке Timble и готовы для использования;
  2. Выпустят на форуме embnation.com гайд (на момент написания поста отсутствует) по поводу того что такое Borderless и как ее появление повлияет на всю криптовалютную экосистему.

Не густо, если честно.

Зато твит какой пафосный:

• Like 1
  • parrot 1
  • trollface 1

Поделиться сообщением

Block Collider выбрал 6 трейдеров, и кто будет их заменять в случае необходимости, и собирается тестировать торговлю 6 сентября: 

Поделиться сообщением